Johann André Forfang answers our Four Hills Questionnaire, sharing why he almost missed his first ever Tournament, what he spent his childhood with and whom to call after a successful Four Hills Tournament.
1) Favourite jump at the 4 Hills Tournament:
My favourite hill is Innsbruck or maybe Garmisch. Hard to pick one.
2)My first 4 Hills Tourament memory:
My first time in the 4 hills, Bardal and myself were stuck at the airport in Norway for a long time because of heavy snow fall. So we barely made it to the quali. I remember getting out of the car in my jeans, stressed out if I could get warm and change in time to qualify. End of story was that I made it.
3) This is how I found my way into ski jumping:
My brother was jumping and I watched him compete von TV when I was quite young. I was dreaming of one day being able to do the same.
4) My first ever training went like this:
I had lots of fun ski jumping when I was a kid. I did it all day every day during the winter. Even in school I went out jumping in the breaks.
5) My ski jumping idol in childhood days:
My brother. And Simon Ammann. And Malysz. And Jacobsen.
6) My favourite ski jumping memory:
My first world cup victory probably. Amongst many others of course.
7) My ritual before every competition:
I don't think I have any rituals other than my warming up routines.
8) If I wouldn't have been a ski jumper this would be my career today:
Probably making videos of some sort.
9) Me 20 years from now:
I'll probably be making videos or something.
10) I I could I would build my personal jump here:
TROMSØ. I promise, all of you would love it there.
11) After a successful 4 Hills Tourament the first thing I will do is...
Call my grandpa. For sure.go back
Perfectly in time for the Nordic Ski World Championships in Seefeld Kamil Stoch finds back to old strength.
Kamil Stoch is finally back to winning ways.