Johann André Forfang answers our Four Hills Questionnaire, sharing why he almost missed his first ever Tournament, what he spent his childhood with and whom to call after a successful Four Hills Tournament.
1) Favourite jump at the 4 Hills Tournament:
My favourite hill is Innsbruck or maybe Garmisch. Hard to pick one.
2)My first 4 Hills Tourament memory:
My first time in the 4 hills, Bardal and myself were stuck at the airport in Norway for a long time because of heavy snow fall. So we barely made it to the quali. I remember getting out of the car in my jeans, stressed out if I could get warm and change in time to qualify. End of story was that I made it.
3) This is how I found my way into ski jumping:
My brother was jumping and I watched him compete von TV when I was quite young. I was dreaming of one day being able to do the same.
4) My first ever training went like this:
I had lots of fun ski jumping when I was a kid. I did it all day every day during the winter. Even in school I went out jumping in the breaks.
5) My ski jumping idol in childhood days:
My brother. And Simon Ammann. And Malysz. And Jacobsen.
6) My favourite ski jumping memory:
My first world cup victory probably. Amongst many others of course.
7) My ritual before every competition:
I don't think I have any rituals other than my warming up routines.
8) If I wouldn't have been a ski jumper this would be my career today:
Probably making videos of some sort.
9) Me 20 years from now:
I'll probably be making videos or something.
10) I I could I would build my personal jump here:
TROMSØ. I promise, all of you would love it there.
11) After a successful 4 Hills Tourament the first thing I will do is...
Call my grandpa. For sure.go back
The last competition before the start of the 67th Four Hill Tournament has passed, rewarding both Germany and Austria with a pleasant surprise.